On cold and rainy days, I like our salads to be warm and comforting. So today here is what I came up with– In a bowl, I mixed finely diced pickles, tomato, red onion, and cilantro
– I added cooked diced butternut squash which I had salted and sprinkled with nutritional yeast and the juice of 1 lime
– I mixed it all up and sprinkled with olive oil
– I would have added cayenne pepper or jalapeño pepper and arugula or sprouts, but since I use these ingredients often, and on the spurr of the moment, I had run out of them. O well, the salad was still memorable!
Latest posts by Karo (see all)
- How Robert Graves & his muses pulled me through a crisis - July 1, 2014
- Why I finally stopped being stubborn & embraced the ebooks - March 1, 2014
- A love affair & fallout with culture: a lesson from my students - February 6, 2014